- 2 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 a cup fat free sour cream
- 12 oz fat free evaporated milk
- 10 oz low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- About 2 Tbsp bread crumbs (pick a great flavor!)
- About 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Baked Mac N Cheese is a timeless dish that’s easy to make, inexpensive, and makes for great leftovers! The problem that some people have is it’s not always that good for you.
This recipe was uploaded by Betty and she says that her family loves it! It’s low in fat with very few calories yet is still creamy and delicious with a great Parmesan breadcrumb topping.
Your kids are going to love this Mac and Cheese recipe and so are you and the rest of your family!
This is an interesting version that I think everyone should try. It looks amazing. One of the best low fat mac n cheese recipes I’ve seen.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
1. Cook the pasta to al dente or just under because we’ll be putting this in the oven for a while. Strain, add to bowl, and mix in the sour cream.
2. While the pasta is cooking preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Heat the milk in a medium sauce pan until just before a boil, turn the heat down to low, and slowly add in the cheddar cheese while stirring continually with a whisk until cheese is completely melted.
4. Add the cheese mixture to the noodles, add the salt and pepper, and mix well.
5. Transfer to a 3-quart casserole dish, mix the Parmesan and breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and sprinkle on top of the mac n cheese.
6. Pop it in the preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until the top starts to brown.