- 10 to 14 pound turkey (Thawed)
- 1 Package of stuffing (There are tons of great ones in your local market)
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 large yellow onion sliced into rings and then cut in half
- 2 carrots cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper
Never cooked a turkey before or just want a step by step instruction on how to roast the perfect turkey easily? Well this is a very easy turkey recipe you can make with stuffing for Thanksgiving or any holiday for that matter.
There is no real trick to cooking a turkey. You just want a very juicy white meat and a crisp tasty skin which are both very easy to do even with no experience.
This might be an easy turkey recipe but it’s also one of the best. It’s simple and absolutely delicious!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 3 1/2 Hours
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Remove giblets from turkey and rinse turkey thoroughly inside and out and pat dry
3. Prepare the stuffing according to the directions on the package
4. Rub salt and pepper all over the turkey and stuff with the prepared stuffing
5. Place the turkey into a shallow roasting pan, breast (white meat) up, and surround the turkey with the vegetables
6. Cover the turkey with aluminum foil and place into the oven
7. Cook according to the directions on the turkey package (hours per pound) should be around 3 1/2 hours or so and remove the foil a 1/2 hour before it should be done cooking. This will crisp up the skin.
8. Remove turkey from oven when the internal temperature in the breast reaches 180 or when the popper that comes with many turkeys pops out.
9. Let stand a 1/2 hour before serving.
Tips and Tricks
One way to tell if a turkey is done is to cut where the leg connects to the turkey. If it bleeds out then it’s not quite done. Also, if after you remove the foil the turkey seems to be getting a little too dark feel free to cover the turkey with foil again to slow down the browning.