- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8-12 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
There are many great recipes out there to make a delicious Chicken Marsala. This is one of the best and easiest Chicken Marsala recipes out there that you will make over and over again.
One of the greatest things about Chicken Marsala that I love is how simple and inexpensive it is. Once you make it your family will be asking for it for dinner every day!
You can serve this over rice, egg noodles, other pastas or just by itself. I prefer egg noodles but that’s just me.
Prep Time 10 Min | Cook Time 25 Min
- Pound the chicken breasts down to about a quarter inch thick.
- In a large bowl or dish mix your flour, salt, pepper and oregano to use on the chicken.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and add the olive oil and butter. Cook until the the butter is melted and add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, and pour the two wines over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes making sure the chicken is cooked until done.
“Remember that when picking out wine that you don’t have to go for the best just don’t go for the worst. There are many good inexpensive wines you can cook with.”
How To Cook Chicken Marsala Video