- 1 European cucumber (or American)
- 1 Package of your favorite hummus
- Black and/or toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
Another great healthy alternative to something like chips and dip. Not that I have anything against that though…
These Mediterranean style snacks are not only great to eat but fun to make for the whole family. I make these or similar style cucumber hummus snacks for everything from after school for the kids to football parties and poker nights.
People actually do love these little finger foods and they are soooo easy to make as well as quick and you’re able to make them ahead of time if necessary and store them in the refrigerator.
1. Wash your cucumber and peel the sides with either a small peeler or a thick pronged fork to make them look like the picture. If you like you can peel the whole thing or leave the skin on. It’s mostly for aesthetics so make them look however you think would look best!
2. Cut the cucumber into about 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick slices.
3. Take a small spoon and scoop out just a little of the innards and seeds on one side of each slice of cucumber so you have a small place for the hummus to go.
4. Very lightly sprinkle a small amount of salt over the slices.
5. Scoop in a ball of your favorite hummus into each slice of cucumber or if you have a pastry bag you can really make some great designs using that.
6. Top with a bit of sesame seeds and you have yourself one great little snack that is sure to please and is fun to eat!
Tips and Tricks
You can omit the salt if you have dietary needs but I love salt and it goes so well with the appetizer and you only use a very small amount. Also there are many types of hummus out there that you can buy or make. We suggest a garlic or lemon hummus because it goes well with the cucumber.