- 2 cans pork and beans
- 1/8 medium yellow julienne onion.
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 T. mustard
- 4 T. ketchup
This is my favorite baked beans recipe out there right now. Feel free to prove me wrong!
Baked beans in the can are good. Everyone has their favorite brand and most people, while having a BBQ at home, just cook them in a pan inside and serve them up as is. At least that’s how I used to until I came across this recipe that I tweaked a little bit over time.
Not only is this a good recipe for home but if your camping and make this for your family and friends over the fire they will think you are a professional outdoor chef.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1. Cook off the bacon and onions draining off most of the grease.
2. Cut the bacon into small pieces.
3. Add the beans, brown sugar, maple syrup, ketchup and mustard to a pan that’s suitable for fire cooking or for your grill. (You can make this inside if you want of course).
4. Cook on the grill or over a fire on medium heat until hot and delicious.
Tips and Tricks
You can adjust this recipe however you like. If you don’t want maple syrup feel free to use molasses. And if you don’t have room on the grill as I often don’t feel free to crank up stove inside. Either way it’s sure to please.